Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Pentoxifylline is used to treat cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular diseases caused by micro-circulation impairment.*Sold per tablet.
What is Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet?
Pentoxifylline is used to enhance healing and reduce inflammation in non-healing skin conditions. Blood flow is increased in areas that would not get enough blood. Tissues receive more oxygen and circulation is improved.
Who is Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet for?
For use in horses, cats, and dogs.
Why use Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet?
Features of Pentoxifylline:
- Treats allergic reactions caused by allergen physical contact (such as dermatitis)
- Improves microcirculation (increasing flow of blood to areas that aren't getting enough)
- Decreases inflammation and promotes healing of skin ulcers, especially in Collies and Shelties
How does Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet work?
Pentoxifylline is a drug in the xanthine derivatives class. These medications are formulated to inhibit phosphodiesterase, a multi-functional bodily enzyme that regulates blood vessels and the tone thereof. It is frequently used in dogs with skin ulcers (because it decreases inflammation) and dogs with decreased blood flow in specific areas.
How is Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet sold?
Single ER tablets in 400mg strength
What are the side effects of Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet?
The following side effects could occur, but may be diminished if administered with food:
- Loss of appetite
At high doses, the following reactions could occur:
- Seizures, especially in pets with prior history of seizures
- Rapid heartbeat
- Caffeine-like jitters
If any of these symptoms are observed, or if you notice any other unusual behavior, inform your veterinarian.
What special precautions are there?
- Seek immediate medical attention if you take this medication accidentally.
- Keep out of reach of animals and children.
What to do if overdose?
Immediately contact your vet if suspect your pet has overdosed or receives more than the prescribed amount.
How can I store Pentoxifylline 400 mg ER Tablet?
Protect from freezing. Protect from freezing, heat, and direct sunlight Store in a childproof container that is tight and light resistant. Store in a dry and cool environment at room temperature.
- Call ahead for refills to ensure that you never skip a dose. Doses should never be skipped, and you should not stop administering this medication without the approval of your veterinarian. Give the medication for as long as directed by your veterinarian.
- Administer this medication at the same time each day.
- Because this medication was originally formulated for humans, the tablets may be too large for your pet to easily swallow. In this instance, a liquid, medicated treats, or special capsules can be compounded or your pet. If you choose to administer this medication in a liquid form, be sure to carefully measure each dose.
- Administer exactly as prescribed exactly as often as directed by your veterinarian.
- Administer with food.
- Read and carefully follow drug label.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.