Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
Legend is useful in treating inflammation in the joint lining and treating fetlock or carpus joint dysfunction. An injectable and FDA-approved, this medication is administered intra-articularly or intravenously in horses.
What is Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial?
Legend is an injectable medication used to treat inflammation of the lining of the joint and for the treatment of joint dysfunction of the carpus or fetlock in horses. The hyaluronate in Legend is thought to help regulate cells in the joint that would increase inflammation.
Who is Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial for?
For use in horses.
Why use Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial?
- Reduces joint disease symptoms
- Reduces joint inflammation
- Restores the synovial fluid in the joints
How does Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial work?
This medication contains hyaluronate sodium. Hyaluronate molecules are long chains that form a network of fillers, which are interspersed with the normal fluids of cells. It is believed that injecting hyaluronate sodium directly into the pouch of the joint works to enhance healing of the inflamed synovium by providing restoration of the lubricating joint fluid. This supplements the normal joint fluid's visco-elastic qualities as well.
How is Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial sold?
Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Box of 6 Vials
What are the side effects of Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial?
In clinical trials studying intra-articular and intravenous injections, no adverse systemic or local reactions were noted.
What special precautions are there?
- Like any other intra-articular injection, precautions should be followed for sterility and careful injection technique to prevent infection or swelling. Intra-articular injections should never be administered into recently fired or blistered skin or skin with excessive counterirritant or scurf.
- A radiographic evaluation should occur in patients with acute lameness to rule out serious fractures in the joint.
- Safety for use in breeding animals is not proven.
- Keep out of reach of children.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Legend 10mg/ml 4ml Vial?
Store in a dry and cool environment. Do not exceed 104° F(40° C)
The joint fluid contains high concentrations of hyaluronate, and it also occurs naturally within the body. The hyaluronate in this medication is believed to help regulate joint cells that can increase inflammation. After injection into the joint, hyaluronate works to help the joint lining heal and increases the joint fluid thickness. This fluid works to cushion and lubricate the joints, protecting the lining.