Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
- Pain relief and management for animals
- Seizure control and anxiety relief for your pet
- Precise dose made just for your pet’s needs
- No additives – just the medication and a plant-based filler
- Hypoallergenic formulation
- Small capsule size easy to swallow for dogs, cats and small animals
Gabapentin Compounded Capsules is a medication to help manage acute and chronic pain, prevent seizures, and ease anxiety in animals.
Gabapentin is often prescribed to treat dogs and cats that are suffering from chronic pain related to cancer, arthritis, degenerative joint disease, allodynia, surgery, and hyperalgesia. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter known to affect calcium channels in the nervous system, which can lessen the amount of pain perceived by your dog or cat.
When used for seizure control, Gabapentin has anticonvulsant properties making it beneficial for dogs with refractory seizures. It is also used for sedation when traveling or grooming, idiopathic epilepsy, and relief from anxiety. In cats it has been beneficial to use to treat anxiety related to travel, veterinary visits and examinations.
There are many factors that can cause pain in animals and Gabapentin could be a very useful medication to help treat it. It is known to be safe with few side effects, and comes in the form of small capsules for easy delivery to your pet by mouth. Gabapentin has improved the quality of life in dogs with chronic pain conditions and ExpressVet makes it easy and more affordable to help your pet feel good.
Gabapentin is given by mouth in the form of a capsule with or without food to treat pain. If your pet does not feel well or vomits after taking the medication on an empty stomach, try giving it to them with a treat or food. We always recommend consulting with your pet veterinarian before taking.
Gabapentin is safe for dogs. Side effects can include ataxia (abnormal coordination and movement), mild sedation, and occasional diarrhea. Your veterinarian may start you off on a lower dose and slowly increase it to avoid side effects.
Possible allergic reactions are swelling, itching, hives, or difficulty breathing. If any of the side effects or allergic reactions continue or get worse, contact your pet’s veterinarian right away.
When taking Gabapentin for seizures it is best to slowly wean off the drugs to avoid the risk for seizure withdrawal.
Drug & Food Interactions
If your pet is on any of the following medications you should use Gabapentin with caution:
- Antacids - Avoid giving an antacid to your pet 2 hours before or after taking Gabapentin, it can increase the risk of sedation and make it harder to absorb Gabapentin making it less effective.
- Buprenorphine - When combined can result in increased risk of sedation.
- Cannabidiol - When combined can result in increased risk of sedation.
- Hydroxyzine - When combined can result in increased risk of sedation.
- Minocycline - When combined can result in increased risk of sedation.
- Mirtazapine - When combined can result in increased risk of sedation.
- Opioid Analgesics - When combined can cause increased risk of sedation and side effects.
We recommend telling your veterinarian about any medications, supplements, vitamins or herbal pills that your pet is taking.
Pets that are allergic to gabapentin should not take this medication. It is not recommended for animals that have kidney disease, are pregnant, nursing, or lactating. If your pet has epilepsy do not stop this medication suddenly since it can cause withdrawal seizures.
Gabapentin Compounded Capsules may be taken with or without food, if your animal vomits or feels sick after receiving the medication on an empty stomach, give them food or a treat. If the vomiting continues, consult with your veterinarian.
We recommend consulting with your veterinarian with any questions or concerns.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.