Dexamethasone is an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that is useful in treating severe skin, asthma, arthritis, and allergy conditions.
What is Dexamethasone Injection?
Dexamethasone Injection is a corticosteroid used to treat severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, and skin conditions. It is indicated for the treatment of primary bovine ketosis and as an anti-inflammatory agent in the bovine and equine.
Who is Dexamethasone Injection for?
For use in horses and bovine.
Why use Dexamethasone Injection?
Features of Dexamethasone:
- Can be intravenously administered for supportive therapy purposes in cases requiring emergent hormonal response
- Useful in managing a variety of dermatologic, allergic, rheumatic, and other types of disease responsive to treatment with an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid
How does Dexamethasone Injection work?
Dexamethasone is an effective treatment for acute inflammation of the musculoskeletal system, including:
If any of these accessory structures, joints, or conditions possess boney changes, a response to this medication is unlikely.
Dexamethasone is a useful supportive treatment for:
- Retained placenta (in cases where the main cause of the condition has been diagnosed and treated)
- Heat exhaustion
How is Dexamethasone Injection sold?
100 ml vials in 2 mg/ml
What are the side effects of Dexamethasone Injection?
Use of any corticosteroid can lead to laminitis.
What special precautions are there?
- In higher-than-recommended doses, transient lethargy or drowsiness can occur in some horses. This lethargy usually subsides after a 24-hour period has passed.
- Closely observe any animal on dexamethasone.
- Keep out of the reach of animals and children.
What to do if overdose?
Immediately contact your closest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Dexamethasone Injection?
Store between 36* and 86* F (2* and 30* C).