Credit requests must be submitted within thirty days of the customer's order date. Pet Assistant reserves the right to audit all credit requests and investigate any issues before applying a credit to your account.
DERAMAXX (deracoxib) is recommended for the treatment of inflammation and pain caused by orthopedic surgery.
What is Deramaxx Chewable Tablets?
Deramaxx is a prescribed non-steroidal medication used to reduce inflammation in dogs. It is often prescribed to treat chronic pain associated with osteoarthritis and for post operative pain management associated with orthopedic surgery and dental surgery in dogs.
Who is Deramaxx Chewable Tablets for?
For use in dogs.
Why use Deramaxx Chewable Tablets?
Features of DERAMAXX:
- Does not block COX-1 enzyme, which works to protect the lining of the stomach, clot blood, and normalize kidney function
- Tasty beef flavor of chewable tablets is preferred by dogs
- Reduces post-dental surgery inflammation
- Reduces post-operative pain
- Controls chronic osteoarthritis pain
- Treats inflammation and pain
How does Deramaxx Chewable Tablets work?
DERAMAXX works differently from traditional NSAID medications by blocking the COX-2 enzyme instead of the COX-1. Most NSAID drugs, like naproxen and ibuprofen, block both enzymes. The COX-1 makes prostaglandins, which are chemicals needed for several functions of the body, such as kidney function, stomach lining protection, and clotting of the blood.
How is Deramaxx Chewable Tablets sold?
Sold by the half-scored tablet in 30, 60, and 90 count bottles in strengths of 12 mg, 25 mg, 75 mg and 100 mg.
What are the side effects of Deramaxx Chewable Tablets?
Like other medications in this class, adverse reactions in the liver, kidneys, or digestive system could occur. These effects are typically mild, but could become severe. Discontinue use and notify your veterinarian right away if any reactions are noted.
What special precautions are there?
- Inaccurate dosing could cause side effects.
- Do not break larger tablets into pieces in an effort to accurately dose smaller dogs. Dogs who require a smaller dose than 12.5mg may only be dosed accurately with a 12mg tablet broken in half to make 6mg.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Deramaxx Chewable Tablets?
- Store in original container at room temperature (59-86 degrees F).
- Keep away from animals and children.
- Protect for heat and moisture.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.