Mometamax® Otic Suspension combines clotrimazole, mometasone, and gentamicin for the treatment of bacterial infections and inflammation in the ear. Clotrimazole is a powerful antifungal; mometasone is a strong steroid that is minimally absorbed by the system; and gentamicin is an effective broad-spectrum antibiotic. This suspension comes in a convenient dropper bottle with a long tip, allowing for easy administration.
What is Mometamax Otic Suspension?
Mometamax ® is a combination of gentamicin, mometasone, and clotrimazole used to treat inflammation.
Who is Mometamax Otic Suspension for?
For use in dogs. Also safe for other animals at veterinarian discretion.
Why use Mometamax Otic Suspension?
Gentamicin treats bacterial infections and inflammation. It comes in a convenient dropper bottle features a long tip for easy administration.
How does Mometamax Otic Suspension work?
This product contains clotrimazole, which offers antifungal benefits; mometasone, which is a powerful steroid minimally absorbed by the system; and gentamicin, which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
Merck Animal Health
Gentamicin Sulfate, Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate and Clotrimazole, Otic Suspension
How is Mometamax Otic Suspension sold?
7.5 gm, 15 gm, 30 gm, and 215 gm
What are the side effects of Mometamax Otic Suspension?
Potential side effects include:
- Premature birth in pregnant animals or birth defects when used in the first trimester
- Behavior changes, vomiting, diarrhea, panting, weight gain, increased appetite, increased urination, or increased thirst if ingested
- Immunosuppression, delayed healing of wounds, or Cushing's syndrome in pets with repeated or prolonged steroid therapy
- Irreversible renal, cochlear, or vestibular toxicity
- Partial hearing loss or deafness in older sensitive dogs (typically temporary)
If you notice head tilt, dizziness, or hearing loss in your pet, stop using this product, flush with a gentle cleaner, and notify your veterinarian.
What special precautions are there?
- This product is approved for use in dogs, but veterinarians often prescribe it for other species.
- Do not use in pets with a ruptured eardrum.
- Use with caution in pregnant pets.
- Do not use in animals who rewuire hearing to perform work (service, police, or military dogs)
- Do not use in pets with a history of allergic reaction to any of the 3 ingredients of this product, or with a history of allergic reaction to similar products.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital. You may also contact Merck Animal Health Pharmacovigilance: Companion Animal Technical Services, 800-224-5318.
How can I store Mometamax Otic Suspension?
Store in a dry and cool environment.